Reflections

Draft Reflection | 5/5/24

With how my current draft is, I feel decently confident. I am somewhere in the middle, I don’t feel it is as good as it should be and I don’t feel it is as bad as it should be. There are a lot of mistakes grammar-wise, along with choice of words that I still need to fix. I think I have a good concept of what I need to work on and great ideas I can build upon. I feel like with my current draft, I at least got the point across to my readers and that I believe is a good start.

From my peer review sessions, the first and second sessions, I’ve gotten some similar responses and some good ideas and pointers. My peers believe I should use a better choice of words in some areas of my essay so I can relieve some confusion in the text or my explanations. Another point they gave me was to introduce the articles. This is really relevant and I can see that I should as well as I did not really introduce them before using it. Otherwise, there are some grammatical errors that I would need to fix. I think going into my revisions, I will pick out the running sentences, and the repetitiveness so I can clear up some confusion when reading the text. Then I will clarify and be more specific with some parts of my essay and define the definitions I’m using. Along with that, I’ll top it off by adding some more textual evidence as well to back up some of what I’m stating.

Now onto writing my drafts. The first draft was definitely a challenge. I wanted to get my idea across to my readers in a readable and comprehensible fashion while also making it interesting. I was always thinking about the type of tone I wanted to be with the essay. I did not want to be in a really professional tone that would make the essay feel like it was really scientific. I took note of this in class when we did a comparison of two essays with one being more statistical and scientific-wise. The class expressed that it felt boring to read and going into my first draft, my intention was to not write something like that. My second draft was rather a bit easier. After finishing my first draft, the second draft was a bit more easy since it was just writing an extra 2 pages. I laid out the foundation during my first draft so I knew what I needed to write for my 2nd draft. The hardest is always the introduction because you never know how your essay will end up but once I laid out the ideas I wanted to address in my essay, all I had to do was find evidence and back up my statements.