Journal Post

Journal #1 | 2/29/24

Going into the semester, I was worried about how bad my writing was. As of right now, I think I am progressing smoothly, everything is going great. The current obstacle that I feel worried about is the Research Project. I fail to see how I can accumulate relevant research papers, and new articles that relate to my Research Question and if it is even applicable. What I am proud of is my ability to stay on track which isn’t so great with my other classes. But moving forward, my goal is to maintain my grade, keep up with the assignments, and put a little more effort into everything I submit for this class.

To be honest, I thought the Class workload was a little too much but I was proven wrong. It felt smooth with the transition and the workload fitting into my schedule. What I like most about the class is the readings, compared to most classes here in Brooklyn College, we often read old texts from the 1990s that are 20 pages long. In this class, the readings may sometimes be long but they’re interesting and very relatable to me in the sense that I am a Gen Z. I think this aspect of the class makes it even more unique and appealing to a class of Freshmans who are still adjusting to the College workload.

I think what hasn’t worked out for me as of yet is my ability to participate. I feel that my class contribution is lacking in that aspect, I just fail to get the correct words out of my mouth if not my words were already spoken by another classmate so there is not much of any participation from me. As I progress into the semester I will try to speak up more and try to share my thoughts faster. Other than that I feel like the class has been easily sailing so far, I was able to share a lot of my thoughts on Perusall and on class assignments but I still have no idea how good my writing is yet. Until I get my feedback from the Professor I will update my thoughts on my writing process in the next Journal. Until then, HAPPY READING!!!