Reflections

Outline Reflection | 4/1/24

Writing the outline was pretty tedious for me. It wasn’t hard to write it, what was hard is trying to figure out what in the articles worked and what didn’t work. I had to be selective with what evidence I was going to include if there is any at all.

Going into it I just didn’t want to do it at all. After finishing it I felt more relieved that my stress was finally gone. I thought it was not going to be as time-consuming but I was wrong as it took me nearly the entire night.

I definitely feel like the outline is a helpful tool in preparation for writing my paper. It might help me write it easier as I already have my arguments and evidence gathered to prove my point. That I feel strongly about. The outline was also an eye-opener for me as it forced me to actually skim through the articles and gain knowledge of what it was about because what as-far-as I read before was just the abstract part.

I did not find making the outline enjoyable but I did find it useful. The outline was just overall too time-consuming along with reading and finding the right evidence. However, it is helpful and useful once you actually finish it.

I am pretty absent-minded but if it ever crosses my mind as I am about to write another 8-page-plus paper then I will probably consider creating an outline again just because it will prove to be useful later on as I am writing the actual paper.